Visiting the museum
Coming by public transport?
An increase in pickpockets has been reported at the T1 Musée des Conflences tram station. Be very vigilant.
Vigipirate antiterrorist plan
In order to ensure the safety of visitors, the museum applies the preventive measures decided by the government for public administrations. The museum is open as usual. Large bags and suitcases are not allowed. Visitors in possession of any weapons (such as knives, daggers or any other dangerous or potentially dangerous objects) will not be allowed to enter the museum. These objects may not be deposited, with the exception of knives with blades less than 10 cm long. The museum would like to thank its visitors in advance for their understanding of the delays caused by the security checks at the entrances.
The reception and ticket office staff are at your disposal to provide information and facilitate your visit.
- Free Wifi: connect to the MDC-PUBLIC network.
- Tools to help visitors:
- museum maps in French, English, Italian, German and Spanish and a booklet for children (aged 7 and over) and their parents are available on site.
- The pocket-sized museum guide allows visitors to build on their experience of the permanent exhibition. On sale for €15 (in French and English) at the museum gift shop.
- Cloakroom: the museum has a free cloakroom for its visitors.
- Loan of mobility equipment: walking stick seat, wheelchair, pushchair, etc. Free on request at the cloakroom.
- Water fountain: a fountain is installed on level -1
- Baby-changing tables: tables are available for visitors in the toilets on level -1, as well as on levels 1 and 2.
Groups are welcome at the museum by reservation only.
- For activities with museum mediators, reservations must be made at least two weeks before the date of the visit.
- For visits with an external mediator, reservations must be made at least one week before the date of the visit.
Advisers are available from Monday to Friday from 10am to 5pm to guide you through the various tours offered by the museum.